Monday, February 6, 2012

DisneyWorld Day 1

Our lovely vacation started bright and early at 3 am on the morning of January 17. We finished gathering our stuff, packing our bags, and then sat around waiting for our shuttle to the airport. The guy was a little late so or course we both started panicing and freaking out. We called the shuttle company and they assured us that the driver was about 5 minutes away. Sure enough, 5 minutes later, the guy showed up. We got loaded up into the van and we were on our way!

When we got to the airport, the line to go through security was crazy! I never knew that many people flew so early in the morning but we managed to get through it just fine. Our terminal ended up being forever far away, just one of the downsides to flying Southwest. We managed to get on our flight and settled down to head to Vegas. About half way through the flight, I started to feel really sick. When we landed, the woman sitting next to Derek wouldn't get out of her seat so I ended up throwing up in one of those little bags they provide for you. Yeah not fun at all.

We had a two and a half hour layover in Vegas so we decided to be a little rebelious and play the slot machines. We weren't very good at them but it was fun for a little while. I was still feeling sick so we decided to just go to our terminal and rest for awhile. Right before they started boarding our flight, Derek started feeling sick as well so we figured it was going to be an interesting flight.

If you've never flown Southwest before, then you probably don't know that they don't have assigned seating. You are placed in groups (A,B, and C), and then given a number between 1-60. You are supposed to line up according to group and in alphabetical number. Derek and I ended up being towards the end of the C group so of course we ended up not being able to sit together. I don't know why we didn't think of asking someone to switch us seats but we just didn't. So I spent the flight between a man who was drinking, a lady who was rude, and trying not to throw up again. Derek spent the flight between two older men who didn't smell very pleasant. Needless to say, we were very glad to land in Florida.

After collecting our bags, we boarded the Disney's Magical Express shuttle to our hotel. After we checked in and informed them that we were there to celebrate our anniversary, we headed to our room to relax. When we walked into our room we were greeted by a Minnie Mouse head made from towels. We turned on the t.v and just relaxed for a while when there was a knock at the door. The front desk had sent us a giftbag for our anniversary. There were 2 wine glasses, a bottle of wine, a wine opener, a stopper, and a picture frame. We dumped out the wine but brought the bottle home as a souvenir. A little while later our cousin Allyson stopped by to bring us our park tickets for the next day. After a full day of traveling we were pretty tired so we decided to hit the sack. We wanted to be well rested to head to Animal Kingdom the next day. So here are the pictures from the first day

I realize we took hardly any pictures our first day but there are lots for tomorrow from our adventure at the Animal Kingdom.

I realize we took hardly any pictures our first day but there are lots for tomorrow from our adventure at the Animal Kingdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment