Thursday, February 27, 2014

100 Happy Days


Do you recall the last time you were "in-the-moment" happy? So many of our days are filled with mundane, every day tasks. We're too busy thinking about our TO-DO lists for the day or what big thing has to be done tomorrow that we often forget to just...live in the now.

I am guilty of doing just that.

I don't often take time to stop and smell the roses as they say. I'm a full-time college student working 30 hours a week all while trying to maintain the house and continue to build up my marriage.

Occasionally I'm so focused on on school work or sleeping that even my marriage falls to the wayside sometimes.

What kind of life is that?

I don't want to continue being so caught up in the busy-ness of life that I miss the the little things. The things that make a bad day better. The things that make a good day great. I want to focus on the happy.

Enter 100happydays.com

I saw a link to this page on Facebook and thought I'd check in out. The challenge? It's simply really.

For 100 days, you take a picture of something that made you happy. Doesn't have to be big or over-the-top, it actually shouldn't be. They don't want you to be bragging. This isn't a challenge that you do to win. This is something you do for yourself. To see the happiness and beauty in your busy, every day lives.

I'm so excited to do this challenge for myself. I'm looking forward to focusing more on the happy. I'll be taking my pictures on instagram as well as posting them to Facebook. If anyone cares to follow along, you can click on the links on the side.

If you want to start the challenge yourself, click on the link above and get going!

Focus on the happy lovelys.


 photo emilygsig_zps11144ed0.png

1 comment: